1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I suddenly feel so old?

Discussion in 'Talk About Anything' started by Karla, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Karla Administrator

Message Count:
  2. Lady Kestrel Member

Message Count:
    Hah! I'm much younger than he is. ;)
  3. InlandAZ Member

Message Count:
    Yeah, that old geezer - :)
  4. Helen Member

Message Count:
    70........my, how time flies. :)
  5. CB Member

Message Count:
    Yikes, well he certainly hasn't aged well as Cher. :)
  6. Caroline Member

Message Count:
    Good lord, Mick Jagger is such an ugly man. He'd surely have troubling pulling a pint, let alone a chick if he wasn't so ridiculously wealthy.

And Karla dear, there's really no need for you to age at the same rate you know. I've been the same age for the past five years now. It's not like paying taxes - in this matter accuracy is entirely optional. ;)
  7. Lucien21 Member

Message Count:
    His Gf is about 45 I think. SHe's also about 6 inches taller than him :)
  8. Val Member

Message Count:
    Yep, money is playing a large role here.
  9. Tincup2 Member

Message Count:
    Hey hey you you get off off of my cloud!
  10. CB Member

Message Count:
    Mick at his best. Gimme some shelter. At a time when war, politics, rape and other option prevailed...., crap now I can't get those lyrics out of my head Oh well. :cool:
  11. bonsai Member

Message Count:
    Mick does look like he's had his 19th nervous breakdown :)
  12. CrisGer Member

Message Count:
    Old is in the mind...i aint ever gonna be that...no way.
  13. Chrissie Member

Message Count:
    I went to see The Rolling Stones (for the first time) in Twickenham, UK during their 'A Bigger Bang' tour in 2006. The performance was spectacular! Mick was a young 63? at the time but bounced all over the place with the energy of a 23 year old!

I'm not so sure about that Caroline! - the man seems to have a lot of charisma & he's also very much a gent (so I've heard). A good combination for a seemingly ugly man whether they're rich or poor!

I've banned my birthdays for the last few years & it does work! (NB banning tax returns doesn't work)
  14. Traveller2 Member

Message Count:
    Oh, my golly, how weird. Internet Explorer and I just don't seem to be friends. JA kept kicking me out of IE so I eventually gave up and created a brand-new account, only to find that it's easy as pie to log in on the Traveller 2 account using Firefox... I could just as well uninstall IE for the good it does me. :p
  15. Karla Administrator

Message Count:
    LOLing all over the place!

I'm amazed that Mick is still alive, let alone able to perform the way he does. I'm younger than he is and I can barely move.

I underwent back surgery in the early '80s. After they wheeled me into the OR, the anesthesiologist told me they always played music of the patient's choosing as operations were in progress. He gave me a choice of three or four different groups and I picked the Stones.

I zoomed into unconsciousness to the sounds of Emotional Rescue. Not my favorite Stones song, but I only heard it for a few seconds before descending into Lights-Out Land. ;)
  16. Caroline Member

Message Count:
    Mick may be energetic and super fit but he's like the picture of Dorian Grey - all the years, the debauchery are showing on his face. As for him being a gent - he didn't treat his last wife very well at all. When the time to divorce arrived, suddenly it was discovered that their wedding in Bali which she had assumed was legally recognised in Britain turned out not to be worth the incense and she was simply a concubine and not a wife. And I'm sure he cheated on her more than once but wasn't the revelation that he'd made some model pregnant the push button for that divorce?

I think it's obvious I have never been a fan. :eek:
  17. CrisGer Member

Message Count:
    not either of any of that shaggy crowd. I am from an earlier time :0

Firefox rocks, IE is for the birds Trav enjoy the change :)
  18. ScottAlan New Member

Message Count:
    Only as old as you truly feel :) My desk still has Legos on it!
  19. Karla Administrator

Message Count:
    Uh-oh. I'm in trouble. :rolleyes:
  20. parakeet Member

Message Count:
    Holy mackerel. :)