1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uru Complete Chronicles - Crash at Teledahn

Discussion in 'With A Little Help From My Friends' started by Val, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Val

Val Member

When arriving to Teledahn thru the orange linking book at Relton, I can walk around no problemo but the moment I try to interact with anything, game crashes with error "Main branch built 5/26/2004 at 5.19pm has stopped working."
    I don't even get to walk around when I link to Teledahn from D'ni before the same error and crash to desktop.

I've Googled this topic to death and the compatibility setting to WinXP that worked for a lot of people doesn't work for me and plenty of others. Tried running in a window, tried all video and audio settings on the lowest.

Now I remember why I stopped playing this game before! :(

2. Val

Val Member

Well, as a last resort. I switched users to admin and lo and behold, it's not crashed! I had already tried "Play as admin" in the other user account but it didn't work. Hope it keeps going!

3. Caroline

Caroline Member

I'm so glad you've got it sorted Val. When you have finished the stand alone game why not head over to Uru online. It's free and full of other people. The game is slightly different too although the easter egg at the end is still offered. There are also some additional locations with group puzzles. Quite a community has built up there with fans creating alternative versions of Uru that are officially sanctioned and permit 'magic' instructions thus allowing the players to get into the scenery, climb the hills and swim in the water, etc. :)

4. Helen

Helen Member

I really wanted to play Uru online and tried but I get the sick from the movement. You should definatly give it a try Val. :)

5. Caroline

Caroline Member

Helen.... did you do all the usual things like slow down your mouse? Also, you don't need to play the game in 1st pov - you can play in 3rd which means your pov is looking down from above and behind your avatar. I don't go in there much now - I seem to keep in touch with my Uru buddies via facebook nowadays. But I'd definitely make the effort to get in there if we agreed on a date and time to meet up. :)

6. Helen

Helen Member

Yeah, I tried both ways and couldnt play comfortably. :( Wish I could, would have been fun to meet up in Uru with you. :)

7. Val

Val Member

What a great idea to meet up in Uru online! I definitely want to do that.

8. Caroline

Caroline Member

Because of the time difference I can be online during America's late afternoon and evenings - that would be my morning and early afternoon on the following day. :)

9. Val

Val Member

I've now gotten sidetracked with Book of Unwritten Tales. I'm sure I'll be back to Uru soon though. :D