1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Syberia, Dracula and Microids websites

Discussion in 'Adventure Games' started by Karla, May 6, 2014.

1. Karla Administrator

Message Count:
  2. parakeet Member

Message Count:
    Yeeeeeees! I loves me some Microids. Some of my favorite games ever! :)
  3. Helen Member

Message Count:
    Yay! :D Looking forward to both. :)
  4. Tincup2 Member

Message Count:
    Wasn't crazy about Dracula 3 Path of the Dragon. Hoping the new ones will be more like 1 & 2?
  5. Jenny100 Member

Message Count:
    Most likely they will be like 4 and 5.
  6. Helen Member

Message Count:
    actually 1 and 2 are the only Dracula's I've played though Im pretty sure I have Dracula Origins I think it is. ( around here somewhere. )
  7. Fnord Member

Message Count:
    I'm a bit thorn about the Syberia sequel. While I did very much enjoy Syberia 1 & 2, I thought Syberia 2 had a pretty good end
  8. Tincup2 Member

Message Count:
    @ Jenny; you're probably right...

1 & 2 are really good 1st person point-n-click adventures of the sort where the player doesn't assume a concrete avatar 'role' in the story. Except for the occasional cut scenes you're free most of the time to imagine that it's you there and not some specific character that you are tasked with moving around and directing the action of/for.

Path of Dragon has all sorts of cut scenes showing the 'you' you are supposed to be, and lots of spoken dialogue that is supposed to be coming from 'you'. I'm repeating myself for sure, but I don't care for this approach to AG's, where you must assume a specific character and act on it's behalf, unless it's done with a very light and superficial touch.
  9. CB Member

Message Count:
    According to wiki on November 26, 2012 it was announced that Elliot Grassiano, the original founder of Microïds, will oversee new game development as Vice President of the Microïds unit.
    I'd take that as a positive.