1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed to access PROFILE addition !

Discussion in 'With A Little Help From My Friends' started by Len Green, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Len Green Member

Message Count:
    Is it just me who is a moron?
    Why is it that several activities which were once so user friendly & obvious now seem to me (maybe not to anybody else !) complex & difficult to perform ?

Since the last JA forums update just 3 or so months ago, my signature and avatar have been wiped out !
    I’ve spent over half an hour trying to figure out just how to replace them but I have not succeeded in accessing my profile section in order to add them !!!

CAN ANYBODY HELP ??
  2. Lucien21 Member

Message Count:
    Top right corner next to your username is a little arrow.

Move your mouse over it and a drop down appears. You should see signature and avatar links there.

Or just click on the name and it will take you to the profile page and all the options are listed down the left hand side.
  3. Lucien21 Member

Message Count:
  4. Len Green Member

Message Count:
    Many thanks for your help but it doesn't seem to work in my case !
    I got to the stage of “Profile Page” but NOT "Your Profile Page" dozens of times BEFORE I posted my SOS and again a few times after your posts. But after that I do NOT get ANY of the crucial preferences (Signature, Avatar, etc.) illustrated in your 2nd post :~ ((
    It MAY (???) be that I arrive at the “Profile Page" (Not “YOUR Profile Page) Ain a different way and I need a extra help – see below.
    If it is not that, the reason it doesn’t wok may be that I am still using XP and not 7 or 8. Or maybe more likely that a constantly get correct messages warning me that my browser is in the latest version – which of course it isn’t although I haven’t noticed it causing any other problems !!

HOW EXACTLY do I obtain the situation illustrated in your graphic ?
    To date I have been totally unable to obtain EITHER your identical “YOUR Profile Page” OR the small arrow to the right of the Avatar (diagonal according to your pic !

Thanx in advance !
  5. Lady Kestrel Member

Message Count:
    Len,
    You should find your user name in the upper right hand corner of this page. There's a small arrow which gives you the drop down menu.
    [IMG]
  6. Len Green Member

Message Count:
    “Len,You should find your user name in the upper right hand corner of this page. There's a small arrow which gives you the drop down menu.”

Thanx Lady K - but still no cigar
    Either I really AM going senile OR the fact that my system is far from up to date is causing my continuing problem !

Sorry to be a pest, but one can obtain several different “pages ” – I haven’t yet succeeded in finding ONE with the apparently essential small arrow.

PLEASE – WHICH page ?
  7. Lady Kestrel Member

Message Count:
    It's on every page here in the forum. Do you see your user name there? If so, just click on your name. If you don't see it, I suspect it's your browser. I can see it both in Firefox and Safari.
  8. Len Green Member

Message Count:
    NOPE !!
    Guess I'll have to stick withn my ugly Male/Mars Avatar and no signature.
    At least it seems to indicate that it is NOT my senility that is causing the trouble but apparently my old browser (+ maybe my XP).

Apologies to all who tried to help and I'm truly sorry that I wasted your times.
    Many thanks anyhow !!